Sunday, July 3, 2016

Goose, goose, turkey!

We've got quite the twist on the old duck, duck, goose game going on at the farm.  We set up our wildlife camera near the little pond, where we've seen the fox(es) several times.  I am hoping to get some good pictures of the foxes (if I am right that there is more than one) and just to see what else might be visiting the area.  We didn't get any clear pictures of the foxes, yet.  However, our resident geese like to frequent that area too, and we got PLENTY of pictures of them.  They took a starring role in more than 600 pictures.  Got to adjust the camera settings!

The smaller family in the foreground, the (almost) Brady bunch coming in from the back.

We have two goose couples - one with 2 goslings and one with 5.  The goslings are growing up and getting a bit more independent, but their parents still keep a close eye on them and don't miss much. They certainly didn't miss the camera - it makes just enough of a noise to alert them that something is up.  Hence we have quite the set of "stink-eye" snapshots:




Not exactly the wildlife I was expecting...



Even the turkey is giving us the stink eye.

Scrolling through 600 pictures of geese and then flashing past a turkey made me do a double take. That's a strange looking goose!  Then I spotted the babies - squee!   

You talkin' to me?

YOU TALKIN' TO ME?!!

I don't know what is making that noise, but I am going to attack it!

Me too, me too!
Okay fine, they are practicing for flying, not attacking.  So adorably derpy!

We did have some fox photos, but they were blurry and/or dark, as the batteries were too low on the camera to get good night time shots.  We've replaced them and I adjusted the camera setting so I'm looking forward to checking the next batch of pictures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment